A website called Restaurant Review published the “Top 5 Most Popular Fried Chicken Restaurants in Kansas City, Missouri” Thursday.
He based the list on feedback from previous customers.
▪ No. 5: Gus’ World Famous Fried Chicken. But the only Subway locations are in South Overland Park and Kansas City, Kansas.
▪ Number 4: rye restaurant on the Country Club Plaza, so he qualifies. It also has a Leawood location.
▪ No. 3: Stroud Restaurant & Bar with multiple locations in the area, including the longtime Northland spot.
▪ No. 2: Go Chicken Go also has several subway locations, including one on Troost Avenue.
But list #1 is for Black dirt.
“If you ever plan to go to this restaurant, try to go at lunch time because their lunch menu is much better than their other menus. And never forget to have chicken fillets on your table,” says Restaurant Review.
There is a problem however. Black Dirt, just south of the Plaza, closed in late 2019. The owners of Black Dirt could not be reached for comment.
Restaurant Review readers were already pointing out the errors Friday morning.
▪ “Gus is the best. However, Gus Fried Chicken isn’t in Missouri, it’s in Kansas, so he shouldn’t be on the list. …and Black Dirt is definitely closed.