SAN FRANCISCO, July 7, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Global Surgical Microscope Market Size Expected reach $ 2.3 billion by 2028, based on a new report from Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected increase at a CAGR of 11.1% from 2021 to 2028. Growing need for ophthalmic procedures, rapid adoption of surgical microscopes in cosmetic surgery, and new product launches are factors driving the growth of the market. For example, in October 2018, Med X Change, Inc. launched 4Klear, a 4K Medical video camera and recorder for surgical microscopes. Ophthalmic, neurological, cosmetic and other minimally invasive surgeries require maximum precision and precision.
Main lessons and findings:
- On casters was the largest type segment in 2020 due to the high portability and flexibility and low maintenance requirements of these tools.
- Ophthalmic applications segment accounted for maximum revenue share in 2020
- The increasing prevalence of ophthalmic diseases and the increasing number of procedures performed each year in all regions to treat various eye disorders are the main factors responsible for the high share of the segment
- Major market players focus on R&D and new product development to gain competitive advantage over others
- For example, in December 2019, Topcon Medical Systems Released SL-D4 LED Illuminated Slit Lamp for Application in Ophthalmic Procedures
Read the 140-page market research report, “Surgical Microscopes Market Size, Share and Trend Analysis Report by Type (on Casters, Wall Mount, Tabletop), by Application (Ophthalmology, ENT Surgery), by End Use, by Region and Forecast segment, 2021-2028“by Grand View Research.
This can only be achieved through superior visualization tools. Surgical microscopes provide visibility, stability, recording capabilities, illumination and high magnification of tiny veins. This has led to increased demand for the product among doctors. These tools have revolutionized the field of minimally invasive surgeries as they allow surgeons to perform surgeries with maximum precision on the actual pathology by enlarging the surrounding anatomical structures, which improves patient outcomes with longer intervention time. short and fast recovery.
More, the limitations of open surgeries have been significantly eliminated by integrating the workflow into operating rooms. Thus, the majority of surgeons adopt minimally invasive surgeries in various medical fields across the world. Besides, the inhabitants of emerging economies are prepared to pay for higher quality services due to the increase in disposable income which is expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period. North America dominated the market in 2020 and will grow at a stable CAGR from 2021 to 2028. The growth is attributed to the increasing adoption of microsurgery, favorable healthcare reimbursement programs and the presence of major manufacturers in the region.
Asia Pacific is expected to experience the fastest CAGR from 2021 to 2028 due to the increase in cases of ophthalmic and neurological disorders requiring microsurgical treatment and the growing demand for advanced surgical microscopes in hospitals for complex procedures. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, hospitals have decided to suspend all elective and elective surgeries, which have had a negative impact on the market. However, with the ease of restrictions, treatments are resuming in many countries, including developing countries. In addition, many companies, such as Alcon and Carl Zeiss, resumed their commercial activities with the government directives given to deliver their orders.
Grand View Research has segmented the global surgical microscopes market on the basis of type, application, end use, and region:
- Surgical Microscope Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- On casters
- Table top
- Ceiling Mounted
- Surgical Microscope Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Spine surgery
- ENT surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgeries
- Other surgeries
- Surgical Microscope End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- Doctors’ clinics and other settings
- Regional Outlook of Surgical Microscope (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (AEM)
List of key players in the surgical microscopes market
- Carl Zeiss Meditec SA
- Leica Microsystems
- Olympus Corp.
- Hagg-Streit Surgical GmbH
- Synaptive Medical
- Alcon, Inc.
- Topcon Corp.
- Takagi Seiko Co., Ltd.
- ARI Medical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Chammed Co., Ltd.
- Seiler Instrument, Inc.
Discover more studies on microscopes, by Grand View Research:
- U.S. Surgical Microscope Market–The size of the US surgical microscope market was estimated to be $ 163.3 million in 2016. The increasing prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular disorders, which require surgery, is expected to be one of the key trends driving the growth of the US operating microscope market.
- Super-Resolution Microscopes Market–The global super-resolution microscopes market size was estimated to be $ 2.6 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.7% from 2020 to 2027.
Browse Grand View Research’s coverage on Global medical device industry.
Go to Grand View Compass, our intuitive BI market research database of over 10,000 reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, a United States-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated and personalized research reports and consulting services. Checked in California and headquartered at San Francisco, the company has more than 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1,200 market research reports to its extensive database each year. These reports provide in-depth analysis of 46 industries in 25 major countries around the world. Using an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and assess upcoming opportunities.
Corporate Sales Specialist, United States
Grand View Research, Inc.
Phone: + 1-415-349-0058
Toll free: 1-888-202-9519
E-mail: [emailÂ protected]
Follow us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.