Homeowners, general contractors and trade contractors, in all industry segments around the world, turn to Autodesk Construction Cloud for their pre-construction workflows. DeAngelis Diamond, Windover Construction, Inc. and Granger Construction are three such companies that use Autodesk Construction Cloud to optimize workflows for bid leveling and risk mitigation, model conditioning, quantification, design, model coordination and more:
- DeAngelis Diamond – a national construction management company specializing in commercial, multi-family and healthcare construction with offices across Florida, Tennessee, Alabama and Michigan.
- Granger Construction – a MichiganMontreal-based construction management company specializing in education, commerce, industry, health and the public sector.
- Windover Construction, Inc – an employee-owned full service company providing comprehensive pre-construction planning, estimation, design-build, virtual design and construction management services in the fields of education, health, commerce, retirement homes and hotels.
âMistakes made during preconstruction become exponentially more costly when discovered in the field,â said Zac Hays, Head of Pre-Construction Products at Autodesk Construction Solutions. âAutodesk Construction Cloud provides pre-construction teams with state-of-the-art solutions to help mitigate risk and reduce rework, from reducing the total number of RFIs to increasing collaboration between design phases and planning or using machine learning and predictive insights during the bidding process within BuildingConnected. “
âAny entrepreneur knows that mitigating risk during the pre-construction phase is one of the most critical success factors, and a big part of that is leveling offers,â said Brett Diamond, CIO and Director at DeAngelis Diamond. âBuildingConnected not only gives us access to a strong network of specialist contractors, but also makes working with our estimation team transparent and provides valuable insight into our historical tender data. Combined with the technology of TradeTapp’s machine learning and AI to assess and mitigate risk, BuildingConnected enables us to reduce rework, stay on time, on budget, and be more agile and efficient as an organization. â
Autodesk Construction Cloud is a cloud-based construction management solution that provides an end-to-end platform to manage every phase of the building lifecycle, from design and planning to construction and construction. operation. For the design and planning phases of construction projects, Autodesk Construction Cloud supports:
- Management and qualification of offers – tendering teams can access the largest construction network in real time with an easy-to-use platform that streamlines the tendering and risk management process, while using learning automatic to help identify, quantify and provide information on risk mitigation.
- Design collaboration – multidisciplinary teams can update designs in one place, at the same time. With controlled package sharing, team WIPs, problem identification, and design change notifications, teams will always be up to date with the latest design content.
- Model coordination – designers, engineers, BIM experts and trades can easily help coordinate models using automatic clash detection, clash grouping and tolerances, a problem solution that connects tools like Navisworks and Revit to the cloud and an aggregated model that can be examined by discipline, relevant sections or a first-person walk.
- Model conditioning – Teams can easily add custom data to a given model and categorize and organize project data, turning a design into a build-ready model that can be easily broken down into relevant areas for downstream activities.
- Quantity takeoff – Estimation teams can perform 2D and 3D quantification workflows from a common data environment to increase collaboration, speed and precision during the estimation process.
- Document management – Autodesk Construction Cloud provides a common data environment that helps teams organize, distribute and share files on a single, connected document management platform, ensuring that all team members have access to the information they want. need.
New Takeoff API enables users to leverage Autodesk Takeoff quantities externally
Autodesk Takeoff has released a beta API that allows estimating teams to leverage takeoff data and project information directly from Autodesk Takeoff and integrate it into existing solutions. With this new API, teams can now extend the life of takeoff data to inform project decisions and fuel downstream workflows while removing barriers and providing increased flexibility.
âIn addition to being able to visualize our takeoffs in 2D and 3D, Autodesk Construction Cloud’s common data environment gives our team a great quantification advantage,â said Amr Raafat, VP VDC and Technology at Windover Construction. âKnowing that our team is working with the most recent information, from a single source of truth, allows us to improve our collaboration and provide more accurate and complete quantity readings. “
Autodesk BIM Collaborate Adds Features to Better Identify Design and Buildability Issues
Autodesk BIM Collaborate, a solution that enables project teams to easily manage design coordination and review workflows from the cloud, also announced new updates that will help teams identify and resolve design issues quickly. and constructability throughout the life cycle of the building. These updates include:
- A new conflict tolerance filter, that allows project team members to check their work using dynamic conflict tolerance filters, making it easier to focus on larger conflicts early on, while becoming more detailed as they go to measure.
- Design collaboration issues for architects, engineers, and BIM experts to identify 3D issues in the design phase, adding relevant issue details, assignments, comments, and due dates to be resolved in Revit or forwarded in the coordination phase. 2D Problems are also available for digital markup of 2D sheets with shapes, text, measurements, photo references, and problem pins during design review.
âThe information silos between general contractors and trades have always been a big challenge for those of us who work in preconstruction,â said Darrah Leach, VDC Manager at Granger Construction. âBuilding a bridge between the two with collaborative functionality allows us to work not only cross-functionally, but with partners outside of our own organization. It helps us connect in ways that just weren’t possible before. and, ultimately, helps us speed up our delivery times Autodesk BIM Collaborate acts as a bridge between project partners and allows us to work closely together as a larger team.
Assemble now supports publishing directly from Autodesk Docs
In line with offering a model packaging solution that enables BIM and VDC managers to organize, customize and share model data with key stakeholders for downstream workflows, users of ‘Assemble can now publish Revit models directly from Autodesk Docs and BIM 360 Docs to assemble without using Revit or any editor add-in. This dramatically reduces duplication of effort by leveraging the common data environment and helps ensure everyone is working from the latest project documents.
âAs technology pushes the limits of what is possible in construction, pre-construction has truly become a secret weapon that enables teams to improve their margins, speed up delivery times, reduce risk and deliver. projects with more precision â, declared Jim lynch, senior vice president and general manager, Autodesk Construction Solutions. âAutodesk Construction Cloud offers a suite of pre-construction products linked together by a common data environment, making collaboration seamless and eliminating silos that lead to errors and costly rework. We are excited to fuel the future of preconstruction and look forward to continuing to deliver on our promise to build better together. “
Autodesk is changing the way the world is designed and made. Our technology spans architecture, engineering, construction, product design, manufacturing, media and entertainment, empowering innovators around the world to meet challenges big and small. From greener buildings and smarter products to the most fascinating blockbusters, Autodesk software helps our customers design and create a better world for everyone. For more information, visit autodesk.com or follow @autodesk.
Autodesk, the Autodesk logo, Assemble, Autodesk Construction Cloud, BIM 360, BuildingConnected, Navisworks, Revit, TradeTapp are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc. and / or its subsidiaries and / or affiliates in the United States and / or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Autodesk reserves the right to change product and service offerings, specifications, and prices at any time without notice, and is not responsible for any typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
Â© 2021 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Autodesk, Inc.