Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital in Hines has just launched a new website that offers patients better service and an easier online experience: www.va.gov/hines-health-care.
Veterans, families, and caregivers have said that former VA websites can be confusing to navigate and don’t match their VA healthcare journey.
Hines VA’s new online home is part of a VA-wide effort to better meet patient needs through a modern online experience in medical centers and healthcare facilities nationwide.
The new website provides everything patients need to prepare for visits, obtain care, and connect with their VA healthcare teams, including:
• Directions to Hines VA and its six outpatient clinics;
• Up-to-date contact details;
• Information on parking and transport;
• Opening hours of the hospital and clinic;
• Patient registration;
• Making appointments and renewing prescriptions.
Veterans will find a comprehensive new list of VA health services, social programs, and care coordinators, including:
• Primary and specialized care;
• Mental health care;
• Caregiver support and care coordinators for female veterans, LGBT veterans, returning military personnel and more.
Mobile users will appreciate the new website’s mobile platform optimization that offers users all content and tools with just one or two clicks, including:
• Online planning, prescription renewals and access to medical records;
• A new list of health services that uses names and descriptions friendly to veterans;
• New social and health program pages that make it easier to connect Veterans and their caregivers with Care Coordinators to help them on their health care journey;
• Increased speed and mobile features that allow users to call VA or get directions with one click.
Check out the new website at www.va.gov/hines-health-care.
The old website is no longer functional and the user will be automatically directed to the new site. It’s all part of Hines VA’s ongoing work to improve the Veteran experience.
Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital, located 12 miles west of downtown Chicago on a 147-acre campus, provides primary, extended and specialized care to veteran patients in the Chicago area. It is the largest VA in the state of Illinois, home to over a million veterans. The hospital treats more than 44,000 veterans of World War II through the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.