The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Arsenal prepare new offer for Raphinha after agreeing fee for Gabriel Jesus
Arsenal are planning a new approach to Raphinha after agreeing a fee with Manchester City for Gabriel Jesusreports the Express.
The Gunners have set their sights on the 25-year-old winger for their next move in the summer transfer market, after seeing a £50million offer turned down by Leeds United on Wednesday.
It is understood talks continued throughout the week with the north London side keen not to be reckless for fear of sparking a bidding war, amid interest from rivals Tottenham Hotspur and Barcelona.
Raphinha was seen as a key target for the Blaugrana this summer, but after Jesse Marsch’s side avoided relegation, Leeds are now in a position to demand a fee much higher than the 25million relegation release clause. of pounds sterling.
He’s been a key star since joining Elland Road from Rennes in 2020, contributing 14 goals in 34 Premier League starts last season.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– Chelsea discussed the possibility of signing Cristiano Ronaldo with Jorge Mendes last week, Athletic report. It is understood that new co-owner Todd Boehly is interested in the potential of making him his first signing, although it is unclear whether the 37-year-old Portugal international striker would be open to a switch from Stamford Bridge, due of his affinity with Manchester United. Ronaldo has just 12 months left on his contract at Old Trafford and has been linked with an exit in recent weeks.
– Paris Saint-Germain are close to reaching a full agreement on a new contract with xavier simons, after Fabrice Romano. The 19-year-old midfielder’s future remained uncertain last season, with speculation linking Barcelona with his services, but it now looks like he’s committed his future to Parc des Princes. It is reported that he will sign a new contract before being loaned to PSV Eindhoven.
– Manchester United are close to agreeing a deal with Barcelona to Frankie De Jong, reveals Sport. It is understood that a transfer fee of around €80million is being discussed with the deal now on track. The Red Devils are confident the deal could be done before the end of June, although they still have to agree personal terms with the 25-year-old midfielder once an official offer has been accepted.
– Barcelona do not intend to offer Ousmane Dembele improved conditions before his contract expires at the end of the month, Goal writes. Despite the talks that have continued in recent weeks between the Blaugrana and the 25-year-old winger, it looks like he will part ways with the club unless he accepts the package he has been offered. Dembele has also been linked with Chelsea but more interest could spark once he officially becomes a free agent on June 30.
– Talks between Internazionale and Paris Saint-Germain are expected to continue in the coming weeks around the signing of Milan Skriniar, according to Calciomercato. The Serie A outfit are ready to allow the 27-year-old centre-back a move from the San Siro to the Parc des Princes, but only for the right price. PSG are expected to return soon with an improved offer, with the Nerazzurri looking for something in the region of €80m.